« Home | My Mapquest Has To Be Wrong ! » | TO DOME OR NOT TO DOME... » | ONE MORE DAY, PEOPLE ! » | TWO MORE DAYS ! » | HOUSTON, WE HAVE TILE » | Grammatically Correct » | Who cares who Jessica Simpson is dating...or shoul... » | Labor Day...here and gone!! » | Labor Day...here and gone!! » | Criss Cross Applesauce »

I GRADUATED !

Yesterday I was ordained as a deacon at our church. Anyway, I was given a framed certificate and a plaque. Well, my older son walks through the room and sees it on the table and says, "Dad, congratulations...I am so glad you graduated!" Now that really cracked me up. We asked them if they knew what a deacon was. They answered, "you are one of Pastor Deans helpers." That will work for me. :)

Then Michelle asked me to ask Parker (4 year old) what country in Africa he is "studying" about...I asked, and he answered "Zambia." Ok, first I would like to say how funny it is just to hear the word Zimbabwe from a four year old! Very funny. Next he proceeds to draw a map of what he called America....He next said Zambia is "JUST NEXT TO Georgia." Hmmmmmmmmmm? I told him they are a little further away...There is an ocean between the two to which he replied, "NO there isn't." There was NO changing of his mind. This little, red headed man was determined that Zimbabwe and Georgia are "right next door." Is that totally wrong? Hey, for now we will just have to think that....
Ok this takes the cake...................Aubrey just yells out from his room (he's in bed) "GET 'ER DONE!" He is learning so much from school."


Congrats! Tommy, a deacon??? Scary! Just kidding! That's awesome! Congratulations on graduating from deacon school!

Congrats Tommy. I wish I could have been there for the entire Worship Service, but I had to get ready for my fellowship. The nominating committee outdid themselves with you and Michael both being Ordained. They couldn't have nominated two better guys.

Congratulations!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm TOM
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I am Married to Michelle & we have 2 boys! I was born in Japan, and spent most of my childhood there. Yes, I speak Japanese & YES I love sushi! I love to travel, but that doesn't happen as much now that I don't work at Delta anymore... I love music..all kinds. I like to consider myself loyal and dependable. I like to think of myself as fun and easygoing. It seems that some of my "friends" think I need therapy. Hey, that might not be a bad idea!! :) Life is too short to be a grump....HAVE FUN EACH DAY!!!
My profile