« Home | ONE MORE DAY, PEOPLE ! » | TWO MORE DAYS ! » | HOUSTON, WE HAVE TILE » | Grammatically Correct » | Who cares who Jessica Simpson is dating...or shoul... » | Labor Day...here and gone!! » | Labor Day...here and gone!! » | Criss Cross Applesauce » | Manana Time » | HASTA LA VISTA, BABY!! »

TO DOME OR NOT TO DOME...

Well, as I type this the New Orleans Saints are hosting the Atlanta Falcons in the Superdome. This is the first game played there since Katrina. Close to 185 million was spent on the dome. I know there is the whole argument "this will bring tourism to town" and that it gives locals jobs....
I just don't know about this. I am sure there is truth to that, but what about the people that don't have running water or their lights aren't turned on yet? HMMM
Then there is the mayor of Louisiana. Don't even get me started on that freak. Well, at least he didn't try and take credit for rebuilding the dome. Maybe he can rebuild the city....
Well, this has been my political commentary on this matter.
LATER
P.S. Can't we all just get along?

I agree Tom. My most immediate thought was, "Wonder how much they spent to repair that dome and wonder how many people still don't have homes or anything else??!!" It is absolutely ludicrous.

And the mayor is a freak too. You are right!

I'm with you on both counts!

Hope you're feeling better.

Go Tom! You should run for office!

They were just talking about that on tv the other day, can't remember the show - but yes, that they spent all this money to fix the stadium and people are still homeless.

I'm heading there in 2 weeks with a mission trip with church, hopefully I can post lots of pics. I'm dying to see for myself what is going on down there. I hope I"m not too totally shocked.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm TOM
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I am Married to Michelle & we have 2 boys! I was born in Japan, and spent most of my childhood there. Yes, I speak Japanese & YES I love sushi! I love to travel, but that doesn't happen as much now that I don't work at Delta anymore... I love music..all kinds. I like to consider myself loyal and dependable. I like to think of myself as fun and easygoing. It seems that some of my "friends" think I need therapy. Hey, that might not be a bad idea!! :) Life is too short to be a grump....HAVE FUN EACH DAY!!!
My profile